8.17.2008

Building peace

Peace Village International is the place for children who suffer from hurts and disease caused by war. It is located in Germany and I have known this facility through a Japanese program almost 10 years ago. I donated some money once but recently forgot it in my daily life.

http://www.friedensdorf.de/welcome.html

Tonight, I saw the program which reported the latest situation of the Village and reminds me of the importance to build peace among people all over the world. Many children are still hurt by war and according to the program, the number of children who suffer from disease caused by unknown things is increasing, including cancer.

I just visited Southeast Asia to see my cousin and nephew who are one year old. They are innocent and curious to everything. And they are free and pure to express their feeling. The situation which children can laugh without worrying anything is peace. Watching babies creates peace of my mind, and I have noticed it since they were born last year.


When we get old, we may be required to take care of not only ourselves but also others as well. That might be a way to take our responsibility.