9.09.2008

My Grandfather

Today was a kind of special day... in 1987, my grandfather passed away in the night of September 9th to 10th. He ate dinner with us and I remember he and I talked about Shakespeare. He tried to explain about the story but I said "oh please stop saying the end because I am still reading it". After chatting with him, I started to read Shakespeare, and my
grandfather took his bath. I was feeling very thirsty but the book was almost finished. I was thinking of the scene which I finished it and talked to him about it.

My mother said "I am just wondering why he is taking so long time to take a bath today" and went to the bath room and suddenly I heard a loudly voice of my mother. She needed some help because she found my father laid in the bath room.

After his death, I swear to myself that I would strive to study as much as I can. In addition to it, I decided to encourage my grandmother who would be lonely without my grandfather, and I tried to cheer up.

Time flies so fast and when I look back the day, I feel it is like yesterday. At the same time, I can feel accumulation of my days since then. I really want to keep my great memories with my grandfather who gave me my first diary book and taught me the importance of writing it.