11.17.2008

The Summit

The Summit on Financial Market was closed in Washington. People say it is G-20 conference. I was a little surprised to see the way of organisation to the press. I can see the symbol mark and the meeting place's walls were covered with the sophisticated design. I am wondering who coordinated this. Which company, and who managed everything?

I remember that I have learned a concept "public diplomacy". It might be a good chance to show the US's power in terms of leadership among countries. I would say, the summit was a kind of "stage" to perform or promote the US as a leader.

If you go to the website of the White House, you can see much information on this summit such as Bush's speech and other statements. They provide so many things including videos, and I am not sure it is actually useful or meaningful. We have to take in consideration that this flow is just from one side. This is not the two-way communication.