12.28.2008

Do you want to experience earthquake?

Recently, I read one article which introduced a story on foreign travellers' expectation in Japan. As you may know, the Japanese government set one campaign, "Visit Japan" to the world. Many people have come to Japan, and according to this article, many travellers say they want to experience earthquake. It tells their impression toward Japan.

People want to see some different points when they come to Japan. It is natural, I think. But of course, earthquake causes sad things, and it is not fun at all. I talked this topic with friends today, and one of my friends who works for a media company told me that some foreign media still request to deliver unique stories... they do not care the Japanese politics or policies, but some "different" things compared with the US or UK culture.

Samurai, geisha, sushi... I say, these are actually some aspects of Japanese culture. I wish it would be so nice if people want to experience Japanese unique hospitality and kindness.