1.26.2009

Sumo

The January Tournament of Sumo finished yesterday. Asashoryu won the tournament and he showed his emotion directly. He is Yokozuna (the highest and strongest position in Sumo), and Yokozuna is considered not to show his emotion in public.

Asashoryu touches many kinds of unique rules in Sumo world and his ways of manner is sort of controversial recently. He had been absent from tournaments last year and media thought he would resign if he could not continue to win the race.

Many other Rikishi (wrestlers) tried to defeat him and I could feel their guts. I could find attractive points in Sumo and I begin to feel I want to know Sumo more in depth. Sumo is related to my culture so it would be interesting to pursue the study on Sumo.

I will put the sumo association's official homepage URL.

http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/