2.01.2009

Thoughts on Obama's Inauguration Speech

I have recorded the Obama's inauguration speech on a chip, and I can watch it on my mobile phone. The progress of technology contributes convenience of my life... anyway, I am going to introduce my thoughts on his speech.

The Time has come...
He mentioned that all are equal and free. These words reminds me of Gettysburg address. He showed his respect to the ancient people with saying the precious concept which was carried generation to generation. For citizens, they can get energy to survive this world with his words. I feel a leader is sometimes necessary to cheer people up with his or her own words.

We are ready to lead once more...
I think this concept 'lead' is one of the important points for the unity of the US. I guess he needed to show his belief for leadership with saying this. This is my assumption.

The new era of responsibility...
He let the people to take each responsibility and duty to contribute society. He also implied the discrimination to black people at a restaurant 60 years ago. I am sure that there are some people who actually experienced this kind of things. His words may touch upon their hearts.

In democracy, we tend to point out the person's responsibility and duty in power. Obama's speech quietly pointed out OUR responsibility and duty.