7.27.2008

Corporate Communication

I went to my friends' home party last night. I stayed there for about 5 hours with eating and chatting. There are a few foreigners more than Japanese, so everybody speaks English. During the party, I was thinking of the topics which were talked. I tend to talk about jobs, but everybody has a variety of topics such as hobbies, the unique aspects of Japanese culture for them, summer plan...

Conversation in different language takes a little time for me. I need some translation time when I reply or join the continuous conversation. It was fun, but at the same time, I felt I needed to brush up my English.

Anyway, some were saying the short sleeve shirts (business shirts) were out of fashionable. A woman said "I understand it feels cool during the hot day, but please stop to wear... it's for middle aged men who has no sense of fashion". Hmm... I have three or four short sleeve shirts and I go to my office. I think some have really nice colour and design.

In addition, another person said "in my culture, no one put pens in the pocket of business shirts".
It may be pathetic but very useful during business hours. Hmm... it seems difficult to be fashionable.