7.15.2008

One Favorite Song

I understand that there is at least one song which everyone cannot forget. I like songs in general, and suddenly some songs come up in my mind. The recent one is "Not Even Blinking".

This song was released here in Japan almost 10 years ago, written and sung by Miyuki Nakajima. So the lyrics is in Japanese. But the singer, Miyuki set the English translation in her CDs. I know some nuance might be different from the original, but I would like to introduce some parts.

It's such a modest life, similar to mine
It's such a humble life, could it have been yours
As you go along the way
Don't you see such people

As our eyes blink life goes by so fast
Stars flicker brightly and disappear,
As we do
Life is so precious
Not even blinking, not even breathing
We seek others
Because our time is so short