7.09.2008

How to Survive

At my workplace, there seem to be at least two people who got mental disease. They have been absent from work these days. One guy was scolded by my boss a couple of time. He has just learned a new area at the office, and it is natural to make some mistakes. I could feel a kind of atmosphere that everybody feels relieved to see that type of guy... he or she can feel himself or herself as an upper level person in terms of ability at work. It is unbelievable for me to write like this, but I think this is an aspect of my office. I have worked with 100% energy when I need to finish some work within the deadlines and I have not been able to help him. Only I could hear some strong and strict words from my boss to him.

Yes, my office sounds like a military. The commander is the strongest and I am just like a middle-aged soldier. What can I do in this circumstance? One solution which I am doing is that I try to use some sense of humour and to be careful of others' feelings. It is actually difficult to practice.