7.11.2008

My Birthday

July 11th is my birthday. I work from 6am to 8pm today... and my lunch was just a cup noodle. Today's Tokyo stock market movement was strange. I mean, it moved so volatile. I finally said to my boss "today is my birthday, and I am really sad to have a cup noodle as birthday's lunch".
Then he replies to me with saying "okay, if you are free tonight, I will treat a glass of wine".

So we just went to a small and cozy restaurant and grabbed a couple of glass wine. I ordered red wine, but they brought white... it is okay. Anyway, it seems that everybody gets frustrated at my workplace including this guy. So we just talked about only job things... typical Japanese business people's chat!

Anyway, I got tired because of long work time. I have tried to catch a series of information about what has happened whole day, and also I have taken care of my 8 people. For example, giving some advices on his/her work, letting people feel good with a sense of humour, protecting them from unreasonable bosses...

When I look back my birthday today, it is fine for me. Well, maybe happy.
The guy who treated wine for me said "generally speaking, a birthday should be the day to thank one's parents who gave one's birth"... hmm I think it is a good phrase. I know this already, but again, it remains in my heart firmly.